BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Contact List has empty entries (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=222941)

gnulab 03-27-2010 12:08 PM

Contact List has empty entries

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I am experiencing this phenomenon whereby the top of my contact list (which has the psuedo-entry called "New Contact", followed by "* No Contacts *") has empty entries.

I have to scroll through 33 empty entries before the 1st valid entry appears (as seen on the attached screenshot).

The weird thing is, when I click on any of the 33 empty entries, it presents me with a new contact, yet I can't delete any of them. So, my question is, how do I get rid of those ghost entries? And how do I get them in the first place?

Thanks
Henry

TheRinger 03-27-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnulab (Post 1585993)
Hi guys,

I am experiencing this phenomenon whereby the top of my contact list (which has the psuedo-entry called "New Contact", followed by "* No Contacts *") has empty entries.

I have to scroll through 33 empty entries before the 1st valid entry appears (as seen on the attached screenshot).

The weird thing is, when I click on any of the 33 empty entries, it presents me with a new contact, yet I can't delete any of them. So, my question is, how do I get rid of those ghost entries? And how do I get them in the first place?

Thanks
Henry

Battery pull?

gnulab 03-31-2010 07:13 AM

I did tried a battery pull, but still the empty entries persist.

aiharkness 03-31-2010 07:26 AM

Wirelessly posted

Hopefully you have sync'd with something, or you have a backup.

What I would do is use the advanced backup/restore in desktop manager to clear the address book (contacts) data base on the blackberry device, then re-sync, or do a selective restore.

gnulab 04-05-2010 02:08 AM

Hi,

I think why there are empty entries is because under the Options, Contact Lists, I have one of my email addresses (though it is not set to Wireless Synchronization). Previously, it was "default".

How do I change it back to "default"? I'm guessing it will automatically revert back to the state before I set it to synchronize contact list?

Henry

wabbit 04-05-2010 10:13 PM

i had this happen when i changed the separator of the contacts, from stripes, to lines.

i kept playing with that setting till the blanks went away.

memetic 04-06-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1587860)
Wirelessly posted

Hopefully you have sync'd with something, or you have a backup.

What I would do is use the advanced backup/restore in desktop manager to clear the address book (contacts) data base on the blackberry device, then re-sync, or do a selective restore.

What he said, or:

delete the blank entries in Outlook and then sync. That is what I did and it was fast and simple.

gnulab 04-08-2010 01:35 PM

this is becoming weird. :?

Under Advanced -> Device Database ->
there's no "address book-all"
the closest is "Address Book - Last Used Hints"

So, how do I clear my address book?

USP45 07-20-2010 11:10 AM

Did you find resolution to this? I'm in the same boat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnulab (Post 1591709)
this is becoming weird. :?

Under Advanced -> Device Database ->
there's no "address book-all"
the closest is "Address Book - Last Used Hints"

So, how do I clear my address book?

bigjailerman 08-11-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USP45 (Post 1630098)
Did you find resolution to this? I'm in the same boat.

any direction on this issue, I have similar problem on 9530.
Was syncing fine now suddenly cannot sync address book at all. DM doenst even move to it after it syncs calendar?

help...!