BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   A unique rave? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=225276)

Noodle22 04-27-2010 08:17 AM

A unique rave?

This forum seems kind of negative sometimes with all the threads created here to say RIM is failing as a company. I want to start a positive thread (though I expect this to go off topic quickly)

What's one unique thing about BlackBerry that you like, that applies to your situation?

When SteveO and Daphne were talking about sleeping with contacts in, and Daphne mentioned she liked to keep hers in so she could see her bedside clock in the morning' it made me think.

I really love bedside mode on my BlackBerry, the reason is when the clock is in digital format the numbers are nice and big and easy for me to see if I wake up in the middle of the night and want to check the time.

What's something you like?

dankarlinski 04-27-2010 08:39 AM

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

I like the simplicity of the phone, but still being able to get things done. I like how I can have everything (FB, Twitter, BBF, Beejive, My Personal Assistant Premium) all on here running smooth. Most of all, I love my battery life!

aiharkness 04-27-2010 08:55 AM

Wirelessly posted

Push email and PIN messages and BBM.

Not unique to blackberry, but I still rely on news alerts and newsletters via email. I use twitter and RSS feeds, but for me email is still the best. And I like having access to all kinds of information (internet, maps and navigation, local search, etc at my fingertips, anytime, anywhere. The blackberry always works, and it matches my needs and expectations very well.

dc/dc 04-27-2010 09:15 AM

I like the fact that I have BlackBerry service in the mountains of Afghanistan thanks to T-Mobile's unlimited international BlackBerry data plan. :)

devnull 04-27-2010 09:19 AM

I like how easy it is to quickly swap devices and restore data when you stupidly drop your existing BB into water. :oops:

diffused 04-27-2010 09:52 AM

I am still amazed at how this handful of plastic and metal can do all the things it does!

SteveO86 04-27-2010 10:37 AM

Push email :-)
Beside mode!
Always on and connected to everything!
How much I do with it. When it's not hour glassing :-)

daphne 04-27-2010 12:41 PM

Oh, I don't actually use the bedside mode. but the first thing I do when I wake up is read my email, BBMs, then check weather and news, all before getting out of bed. I love that it's always with me and I have email, the web, BBM, and a lot more at my fingertips 24/7. It wakes me up too, with BBSmart Alarms Pro.

TBOLTRAM 04-27-2010 12:49 PM

My storm 2 works and because I am on Verizon it works most places. :smile:

Because I have a BlackBerry I get to communicate with all you fine people. :smile:

jsconyers 04-27-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1599899)
Because I have a BlackBerry I get to communicate with all you fine people. :smile:

And me too?

TBOLTRAM 04-27-2010 02:37 PM

In your case js only on odd days of the week. ;-)

juwaack68 04-27-2010 06:21 PM

I like that my AutoText has an entry for bb that turns in to BlackBerry.

BeachBum71 04-27-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dankarlinski (Post 1599789)
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

I like the simplicity of the phone, but still being able to get things done. I like how I can have everything (FB, Twitter, BBF, Beejive, My Personal Assistant Premium) all on here running smooth. Most of all, I love my battery life!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1599796)
Wirelessly posted

Push email and PIN messages and BBM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 1599807)
I like how easy it is to quickly swap devices and restore data when you stupidly drop your existing BB into water. :oops:

I concur with all of the above

rambo47 04-27-2010 07:45 PM

I love that my BlackBerry isn't an iPhone.

Remember this web page? The iPhone is a piece of shit, and so is your face.

TBOLTRAM 04-27-2010 08:13 PM

"He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots."

So thats what happened to Lunkduck. Must have hurt.

daphne 04-27-2010 10:46 PM

I love that my BlackBerry has shortcuts, b for browser, o for options, etc. Also t for top of page, b for bottom of page.

I think Micro$oft should get a clue. I miss being able to use them on my pc.

Noodle22 04-28-2010 07:18 AM

This brought a smile to my face :) I like when people can come together and look at the positive side of things.

Good amount of replies after a day, and I enjoyed reading them all.

I agree with many things here, I love the short cuts. They are convenient and make sense. I've found a few by thinking " if there was a shortcut for ..... what would it be?" and have found it by pressing the button I thought it was.

I love reading my emails in bed before I get up. I love that when my first BlackBerry met with it's fateful end the second one was so easy to set up exactly as I had it. I love that I was never an email person before, just cus I hated logging in to different accounts to check them, but BlackBerry has made that easy for me.

Thanks guys :)

aiharkness 04-28-2010 08:12 AM

Wirelessly posted

I don't know how special or unique blackberry is in this regard, but I had to wipe and reload this morning before work, and aside from the irritation of having to do it (this is the first time for me) it was a piece 'o cake to recover. Only regret I had was I hadn't done a backup in about a week, though I typically do one every day.

hrbuckley 04-28-2010 11:25 AM

Thanks Noodle! This was a pleasant read. And for daphne:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/morning_routine.png
BlackBerries are much better.

the-economist 04-28-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle22 (Post 1599773)
What's one unique thing about BlackBerry that you like, that applies to your situation?

Since i had to maintain longer than average nails in order to do the battery pulls i started playing my guitar again. When the corp had me on Treo handsets (with bbconnect nevertheless) i hadn't touched my guitars for years.

So there. RIM is helping me explore my creative aspect.