BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Seidio Extended Battery? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=237972)

Rhyalus 10-14-2010 06:23 AM

Seidio Extended Battery?

Hello All,

I have read that the 9650 fitted with the 2600mAh extended battery will still fit into the same OEM case that comes with the phone.

Can anyone confirm this?

I am struggling between buying the bundle from Crackberry which includes an AC adapter, a standard extra battery and a mini external battery charger - or buying the extended 2600 battery and calling it a day.

Thanks,
R

diffused 10-14-2010 10:21 AM

Yes, the extended battery fits just fine in the case it comes with. It will be maybe an eighth inch thicker and the case has elastic sides. Slightly Snug but not tight.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Rhyalus 10-15-2010 07:06 AM

Thanks! I should be getting the phone on Monday. After confirming that all is well with the new carrier, I'll start picking up accessories.

Regards,
R

jrarjrar 10-15-2010 10:13 AM

My Tour fits in the OEM case just fine, also. I agree it is more snug, but no problem. You will love the extra battery life you get with the Seido battery!

Custom College Solutions

Rhyalus 10-15-2010 09:11 PM

Yup, I have bought the Seidio extended batteries for my last two phones - a Curve and a Bold.... :-)

Thanks,
R

Rhyalus 10-26-2010 04:03 PM

As an update, I purchased the extended battery and it works great. The quality of the back replacement is "questionable". It does not fit as cleanly as it should - I noticed this on my last two phones as well.

As can be expected, battery life becomes what it should have been (I wonder if Seidio pays BB to keep releasing with lousy batteries)...

The OEM case that comes with to 9650 is too snug in my opinion, but it is also brand new. Maybe if you pre-stretch it the fit would be better. The 9000 case is slightly bigger and that works great, so if you are buying new, I would go that route.

Regards,
R

arieltf 10-26-2010 05:03 PM

I received my new Seidio Extended Battery today. I tried on the replacement back cover on my phone and it got stuck. I had to insert a thin blade between the cover and the phone to try to push the catch far enough back to release it from the phone. Doing that, I scratched the metal area (the antenna?) that is at the bottom of the phone. :x

I filed down the length of the catch a little so it releases better.

--Ariel

diffused 10-26-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyalus (Post 1664849)
Thanks! I should be getting the phone on Monday. After confirming that all is well with the new carrier, I'll start picking up accessories.

So what other accessories did you get besides the battery?
Regards,
R

Rhyalus 10-26-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arieltf (Post 1668213)
I received my new Seidio Extended Battery today. I tried on the replacement back cover on my phone and it got stuck. I had to insert a thin blade between the cover and the phone to try to push the catch far enough back to release it from the phone. Doing that, I scratched the metal area (the antenna?) that is at the bottom of the phone. :x

I filed down the length of the catch a little so it releases better.

--Ariel

Same experience here. I tried on the door first because I wanted to see how it fit. Really poor design.

I did not scratch anything (I think) but did have to pry the back up a bit while pushing on the release catch, and then I pulled it out to free it.

You would think for an item like this that probably cost a small fraction of the purchase price that they would do a better job.

The better battery is worth the effort, though....

R

Rhyalus 10-26-2010 06:57 PM

I also picked up a mobile charger (Motorola) and a travel folding AC charger (Blackberry). The phone came with the international charger with the various country clips, which was nice.

That will do it for now....

R

diffused 10-26-2010 07:05 PM

The first thing I did was put on a good screen protector (not really an accesory) and a 16G SD card.