BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General PlayBook Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   saving email attachments via bridge (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=249660)

sid_kid 06-02-2011 08:21 PM

saving email attachments via bridge

is it possible to save email attachments from an email using blackberry bridge messages? specifically i was looking for a way to save pdfs and word docs...thanks in advance for the help...

darkmanCANADA 06-03-2011 09:47 AM

Re: saving email attachments via bridge

Don't think so. Bridge messages are just a viewer for the messages on your phone. Just go to your phone and save from there.

daphne 06-03-2011 02:57 PM

It is possible to save Word docs and photos from emails using the Bridge to the PlayBook. I have not tried with PDFs but I think it would be the same. Open the email with the attachment you want to save, and right below the attachment it should say "tap to open" . When it opens, swipe down from the top of the bezel and there is an option to save to PlayBook. You have to enter the file name and extension, e.g. report1.doc. You can then find it when you open Word To Go.

acoustix 06-03-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1725274)
It is possible to save Word docs and photos from emails using the Bridge to the PlayBook. I have not tried with PDFs but I think it would be the same. Open the email with the attachment you want to save, and right below the attachment it should say "tap to open" . When it opens, swipe down from the top of the bezel and there is an option to save to PlayBook. You have to enter the file name and extension, e.g. report1.doc. You can then find it when you open Word To Go.

I was hoping to do this, but the Playbook doesn't respond when I "tap to open" the attachment (Word doc).

Any other thoughts?

acoustix 06-03-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acoustix (Post 1725289)
I was hoping to do this, but the Playbook doesn't respond when I "tap to open" the attachment (Word doc).

Any other thoughts?

Ok. So it won't let me open the Word doc that I sent to myself. But I can attempt to open the attachment from the Sent folder. But then I get this error: "This file cannot be opened. -1"

Its a Word 2003 format. Very weird.

daphne 06-03-2011 07:52 PM

Try holding the attachment a few seconds, or tap and remove your finger, then tap again. The first few times I did it, I had trouble. And make sure you have the latest version of Bridge on your BlackBerry, and the newest OS on your PlayBook. This did not work initially with the earlier OS and earlier version of Bridge IIRC. It works flawlessly for me now.
I don't use Word 2003, so I don't know about that, but seems like it should work the same.
Also it may behave differently on BES - I'm not on BES.

sid_kid 06-04-2011 09:35 PM

i have not been successful downloading anything other than jpgs. however i have been using an app called "File Browser" to retrieve files from my phone including pdfs and docs...this is by far the most useful app i have found for my playbook thus far. i would highly recommend picking it up if you want an easy way to exchange files between BB and PB...thanks again for all the help everyone!