BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ring Timer Application (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=250439)

TBone2k 06-21-2011 11:12 AM

Ring Timer Application

This seem like the right place to ask, so here goes...

Has anyone seen an application that will let you set a schedule for your ring profiles? For example, I always have a meeting Wednesday nights. Normally I remember to set my BB to vibe, but I usually forget to set it back to normal, and then I miss calls the next day because I don't hear it ring.

I would be great if you could have this functionality, or maybe it already exists? I'm looking for something a little more than setting the BB to not ring during scheduled meetings.

aiharkness 06-21-2011 11:40 AM

Re: Ring Timer Application

There is one I recall seeing, Profile Scheduler, but I am sure there are one or two more. You will find a thread on Profile Scheduler on the forum. If you have not checked App World, that is what you need to do.

jmwking 06-21-2011 12:36 PM

Rather than changing profiles, I use Message Alerts on my Storm 2: it lets me schedule what sorts of alerts I get based on rules I set up. It works on email, pin, sms, and phone.

It has a temporary mute option - vibrate only for x minutes, then go back to noisy mode automagically. I use it for meetings, and don't worry about forgetting to reset it.

I have mine set to vibrate only after 8:00 in the evening and go completely silent after 11:00, then back to full-on noisy mode after 8:30 in the morning.

In addition, a call from any of my brothers' phone numbers will ring until 11:00, and a call from any of my wife's numbers will ring at any hour. And in an emergency, if anyone "pages" me through voice mail, it alerts regardless of hour.

It's very flexible. (Sorry if I'm sounding like an ad. I'm not affiliated in any way, I just like the software and want to see it continue to be supported.)

-jk

milife 06-23-2011 02:40 AM

miLife Quiet Now! Auto Silence and resume your BlackBerry.Very nice and cheap for more details smartmicros.com/milife.php

RBStubbs 09-23-2011 09:15 AM

I am looking for something just opposite of the Quiet Now you are suggesting. Since my cell phone will be my only phone in the house, I want to silence all other alerts (i.e. messages, emails, etc), from a specific time at night to a specific time in the morning. Therefore, only during my 'sleeping' times, would I want the phone to ring and all other features silent. Does anyone know of an app for this type of feature.

Thanks in advance.

jmwking 09-23-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBStubbs (Post 1746003)
I am looking for something just opposite of the Quiet Now you are suggesting. Since my cell phone will be my only phone in the house, I want to silence all other alerts (i.e. messages, emails, etc), from a specific time at night to a specific time in the morning. Therefore, only during my 'sleeping' times, would I want the phone to ring and all other features silent. Does anyone know of an app for this type of feature.

Thanks in advance.

The Message Alerts app I mentioned a couple posts earlier does that for me.

-jk

TBone2k 09-26-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBStubbs (Post 1746003)
... I want to silence all other alerts (i.e. messages, emails, etc), from a specific time at night to a specific time in the morning.

Don't know if this is a phone or OS feature, but my bold 9700 already has a "phone only" setting. I suppose a timer could be applied to that.