BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General PlayBook Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Making Phone calls from my Playbook (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=251746)

ZombieBerry 07-29-2011 08:02 PM

Making Phone calls from my Playbook

Welcome to comwave

Need a Canadian address to be able to register, free trial for 30 days.

$20(Cdn Funds)/year after that. Can have any phone # across Canada.
If you search App World for 'comwave' it will appear.

Enjoy

It does work. I have been using it for almost a week.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...Oni/ephone.jpg

Ade 07-29-2011 10:14 PM

Re: Making Phone calls from my Playbook

this is cool, i will try

ZombieBerry 07-30-2011 01:35 AM

They are going to start offering US and UK numbers later this week.

If you have already signed up, you can e-mail [email address] and request your Canadian number be changed.

ba97 07-30-2011 01:07 PM

I looked at the site and was trying to find the per minute charges for calls when you go over. Anyone know? I am trying to figure this out for value as Skype for pb seems to be the the forever dream for pb.

ZombieBerry 07-31-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ba97 (Post 1735316)
I looked at the site and was trying to find the per minute charges for calls when you go over. Anyone know? I am trying to figure this out for value as Skype for pb seems to be the the forever dream for pb.

Doesn't really work that way. Since you also get free incoming calls as well as comwave to comwave calling for free. Once your monthly minutes are gone, you will have to wait until next month to get your quota again. This is not a pay-as-you-go system.

ba97 07-31-2011 01:12 AM

I am lost and slow on this. I get an allotment of minutes a month and if I use them up, I am dead in the water?

ZombieBerry 07-31-2011 01:19 PM

20/year gets you;
Free incoming all year
Free comwave to comwave calling all year
250 minutes a month (If you use these minutes in the month, then you will still have free incoming and c to c calling)

You are with rogers, so I will assume you know

This is for the PB. If you want to have full service then go to Home Phone and Long Distance | VoIP Internet Phone | Comwave Telecom Canada and search for residential service or voip service.

Long distance is charged at their special rate (Don't use their long distance plan(s), so I cannot comment)

I would e-mail their support staff and ask questions before signing up.

hrbuckley 07-31-2011 09:12 PM

I installed it and picked a number from the nearest location I could to my home. Tried to call home and got a message that long distance charges applied. I've been looking at their website to try to find information about that but can't.

ZombieBerry 07-31-2011 11:28 PM

You can contact their customer support (Toll-free number). I do know that they have switched some US customers' numbers, when their areas became available. I am only familiar with their services in Canada and can't really comment on your long distance question. How far away from your city is the nearest location to your home?

You can request support from [email address] as well.
Hope that helps!

hrbuckley 08-01-2011 11:14 AM

I may try to call customer service. I am in Canada and my home is about 10 km outside the local calling are of the nearest location with numbers.

Ade 08-01-2011 08:37 PM

i signed up, i picked a toronto number and i was able to call my us phone.. it worked great

darcypa 08-03-2011 09:07 PM

Installed and testing

Andy_k98 08-15-2011 08:23 PM

just installed it and made one call. There was some echo on the other end but sound on playbook was quite good