BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General PlayBook Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Transferring music from PC to Playbook (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=258914)

glasgowmale 04-10-2012 01:31 PM

Transferring music from PC to Playbook

I connected my playbook via USB cable turned off wifi and connect via Blackberry Desktop Software but when I Click on the music Icon it tells me "A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry Device"
I am using a windows PC and cannot transfer any files. Any Ideas as to why?

Pazvanti 04-10-2012 02:31 PM

Re: Transferring music from PC to Playbook

Try this:
Connect playbook to Wi-Fi. Go to Settings->About and sellect "Network" from the drop-down menu. write down the IPv4. It should be something like this: 192.168.1.100
next make sure that your PC is in the same network as the Playbook. If you use the same router to connect than it is. Open MyComputer and in the address bar type: \\IP_YOU_GOT (ex: \\192.169.1.100) and hit enter.
If done correctly you are now remotely connected to the PlayBoo FileSystem. Open the "media" folder and there you can see a folder "music" I think you know what to do from here. (HINT: Copy music from the PC to that folder)

johnherdman 04-11-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasgowmale (Post 1774497)
I connected my playbook via USB cable turned off wifi and connect via Blackberry Desktop Software but when I Click on the music Icon it tells me "A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry Device"
I am using a windows PC and cannot transfer any files. Any Ideas as to why?

I am having the same problem, but only with 64bit versions of Windows, 32Bit Version of Windows and Mac OSX seems fine. I would suspect its something to do with the 64Bit drivers for the Playbook.

glasgowmale 04-11-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazvanti (Post 1774508)
Try this:
Connect playbook to Wi-Fi. Go to Settings->About and sellect "Network" from the drop-down menu. write down the IPv4. It should be something like this: 192.168.1.100
next make sure that your PC is in the same network as the Playbook. If you use the same router to connect than it is. Open MyComputer and in the address bar type: \\IP_YOU_GOT (ex: \\192.169.1.100) and hit enter.
If done correctly you are now remotely connected to the PlayBoo FileSystem. Open the "media" folder and there you can see a folder "music" I think you know what to do from here. (HINT: Copy music from the PC to that folder)

I tried this I typed in the IPv4 number in the address bar and it just takes me to a search page .:?

Pazvanti 04-11-2012 05:42 AM

Is the PC and the Playbook connected to the same router? If so than this should work. I only use this to transfer files to and from my Playbook. Sadly, I don't have any other solution.

glasgowmale 04-11-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazvanti (Post 1774570)
Is the PC and the Playbook connected to the same router? If so than this should work. I only use this to transfer files to and from my Playbook. Sadly, I don't have any other solution.

it is ave tried on 2 different pcs and still the same thx for your help(y)

Boight 04-12-2012 07:19 AM

Goto My Computer/TOOLS menu and select map network drive, pick a drive letter and put in something like this.
\\192.168.0.10\media

Your local network address might be a bit different.

incrediable 04-12-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boight (Post 1774676)
Goto My Computer/TOOLS menu and select map network drive, pick a drive letter and put in something like this.
\\192.168.0.10\media

Your local network address might be a bit different.

Not to mention that playbook must be connected to same network prior doing this. ;-)

glasgowmale 04-14-2012 11:41 AM

Sorted Had to uninstall AVG and works fine(y)

knottyrope 04-18-2012 11:12 AM

might have been a firewall issue

Medic48 04-22-2012 11:23 AM

You can also use the Run Program (Windows Key + R) and input the address.

ie, I can go Windows Keys + R then in the field us \\192.168.x.x and it should bring up the playbook.

Good Luck,
--Phil

mcgravel 04-23-2012 09:07 PM

I had the same problem of my bb desktop software not finding the playbook. I updated the bb desktop software and the problem disappeared.