BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   sim not getting recognised (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=262498)

stevegeddes 11-21-2012 12:49 AM

sim not getting recognised

Restored my bb 9790 back to factory setting as was going to sell it, but went to Singapore, so decided to use it with a Singapore sim, but it will not Recognise the sim or any other sim ,, any body why this is happening ????

bisleri 11-21-2012 04:49 AM

Re: sim not getting recognised

Contact the service provider to run a SIM update.
Make sure the smartphone is running the most recent version of the BlackBerry Device Software.
Contact the service provider to run a SIM update.
Restart the smartphone. The phone number should appear in the Phone application

NJBlackBerry 11-21-2012 07:33 AM

Huh?
bisleri, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Stevegeddes - was the BlackBerry Unlocked so you could use any carriers SIM card in it? If not, it will only work with the original carrier. It is easy, cheap and safe to have it unlocked.

stevegeddes 11-21-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1792418)
Huh?
bisleri, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Stevegeddes - was the BlackBerry Unlocked so you could use any carriers SIM card in it? If not, it will only work with the original carrier. It is easy, cheap and safe to have it unlocked.

yes it is a sim free phone i used it all over the world previously its only after i restored it to factory settings that it stopped recognising the sim card

tsac 11-22-2012 10:55 PM

Unless the BB is not really unlocked any SIM should work.

How do I determine if my BlackBerry is "unlocked"? - BlackBerryFAQ

NJBlackBerry 11-29-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Developmobileapp (Post 1792902)
Why this happened may be it has been locked so please get it unlocked it.

Wow. Have you any experience with previously unlocked BlackBerrys getting locked?

Lilyberry 12-26-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1792912)
Wow. Have you any experience with previously unlocked BlackBerrys getting locked?

:-o Seriously? So the unlocking blackberry believes in monogamy? LOL 8-)

Alexandros 12-26-2012 06:29 AM

I have an experienced the same situation when i went to Singapore last year. I tired unlocking my phone by contacting the local GSM service provider but they cant help. Then i heard that i can get the unlock code from the third party online sites. Finally i got my BB 9780 Bold phone unlock code from the site SimpleUnlocking.com and they provided the code within 1 hour and saved more money.