BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Deleting ALL entries from Address Book (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=29947)

jollymoe 03-25-2006 03:43 PM

Deleting ALL entries from Address Book

Is there a way to delete all the entries from the address book in the 7520?

I want to delete them all in one sweep and start over.

I want to avoid deleting them one-by-one.

KonTiki 03-25-2006 05:44 PM

The only way I know would be if you do a synch, is to delete the entire address book from outlook and then synch from pc to blackberry making sure that you use the pc as the default.

NJBlackBerry 03-25-2006 05:45 PM

Start Desktop Manager/Backup Restore.
It should read all of the databases on the BB (assuming it is connected)

Select the Address Book from the BB and delete it.

That should work.

Hoppyjr 03-27-2006 01:41 PM

If you are trying to "clean off" the device to sell it or something like that, try Settings-Options-Security Options-General Settings- then - click in the trackwheel and select "Wipe Handheld". You will be prompted to inter Blackberry and this will wipe the data (Contacts, Calendar, notes, etc) and resore it to the basic config. This is how I did it on my Verizon devices.

Hoppy

jollymoe 03-29-2006 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Start Desktop Manager/Backup Restore.
It should read all of the databases on the BB (assuming it is connected)

Select the Address Book from the BB and delete it.

That should work.

Thanks. This worked for me.
Instead of "delete" I had to "clear" it.

magesrule 09-17-2007 04:18 PM

One more thing...

Also, once you select "Backup and Restore" from the main BB Desktop Manager you need to then select "Advanced..." from the "Backup/Restore Now" group box ;-) .

Kapn Koala 08-02-2008 05:48 PM

Most Useful Information

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppyjr (Post 199919)
If you are trying to "clean off" the device to sell it or something like that, try Settings-Options-Security Options-General Settings- then - click in the trackwheel and select "Wipe Handheld". You will be prompted to inter Blackberry and this will wipe the data (Contacts, Calendar, notes, etc) and resore it to the basic config. This is how I did it on my Verizon devices.

Hoppy

This works for sure. Everything else is just a hassle having to have it already connected to your computer. This works like a hard reset takes. Thanks for the advice.

takeshi 08-04-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppyjr (Post 199919)

Just a bit heavy-handed if you're only wiping the address book. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapn Koala (Post 1043595)
This works for sure. Everything else is just a hassle having to have it already connected to your computer. This works like a hard reset takes. Thanks for the advice.

FYI a hard reset on a BB does not affect data. Hard resets on other devices may wipe data but that's not the case with the BB. A hard reset on a BB is a battery pull or Alt-Right Shift-Del twice.