BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thank you VeriChat /sarcasm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=51461)

MrKyoo 10-20-2006 01:43 PM

Thank you VeriChat /sarcasm

For not allowing me to transfer my license from my 7100i to my 8100 Pearl and for offering me a discounted coupon towards a new license.
Quote:

Hello,

We do not support transfers, however what we can do is to give you a discount coupon towards the purchase of license key for your new device from PDAapps store in lieu of your remaining license term.

Please let me know if you want to do this.

Regards,
Ioana
Nokia Support
I won’t be promoting the use of VeriChat or will I be using their services again. (n)

~MrKyoo

repair-man 10-20-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

We do not support transfers....

That's funny. I don't support wasting money.

finch 10-20-2006 01:48 PM

Bet the folks at IM+ would offer up a competitive upgrade. Guess VeriChat thinks people use the same device forever...

headtailgrep 10-20-2006 03:13 PM

Who cares -- instant messaging will be offered for free on blackberries in no time..

third party vendors.. eat your heart out!

headtailgrep 10-20-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repair-man
That's funny. I don't support wasting money.

The license key might be tied to the device PIN -- once enabled, always enabled?

Maybe their internal systems are so poor they can't shut off a certain PIN once it's activated? who knows.. who cares.. i'm waiting for the free stuff.. google talk works just fine on any IM network.

Zorn 10-20-2006 04:39 PM

Yeah I can't wait for RIM's AIM client, will probably look the best and work great, and be free best of all.

RoadRider 10-20-2006 07:56 PM

I moved from 8700 to 8100, re-installrd Verichat, entered my license info and it worked just as before.

Spankypoo 10-21-2006 02:51 AM

They responded to your email? You're one of the lucky ones!

I honestly can't remember having a worse experience dealing with any software company. Ever.

pspiegel 10-21-2006 04:06 AM

yak-on is a great product as well as does license transfers (i went from an 8700g to 8703e), i highly highly recommend the software

AL904 10-21-2006 06:46 AM

WebMessenger quickly updated my license info for me, recently, when I moved from a 7130e to a new 8703e. In my experience, WebMessenger has been a solid Blackberry IM solution.

Peterme 10-21-2006 04:25 PM

I chose WebMessenger over YakOn because Yak-On was killing my battery. WebMessenger works great and their support people answer your questions in minutes.

plchan 10-22-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headtailgrep
Who cares -- instant messaging will be offered for free on blackberries in no time..

third party vendors.. eat your heart out!

i agree with you. i can't wait that RIM releases AIM/ICQ/MSN client.

I am using gtalk from RIM now.

Stinsonddog 10-22-2006 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AL904
WebMessenger quickly updated my license info for me, recently, when I moved from a 7130e to a new 8703e. In my experience, WebMessenger has been a solid Blackberry IM solution.

Yes this has often been the case. I was suprised Verichat did not. They are now a Nokia company.

MrKyoo 10-23-2006 12:32 PM

Ooh how the tables turn.

Quote:

Thank your for the response.

This is most unfortunate, I’ll be sure to notify the enormous user base and the Moderator’s Team at BlackBerryForums.

I’ll be looking into a different company to satisfy my needs.

~MrKyoo
Quote:

Hello MrKyoo,

I must appologize for one information. I am very sorry, but the statement I wrote: "We do not support transfers, however what we can do is to give you a discount coupon towards the purchase of license key for your new device from PDAapps store in lieu of your remaining license term." applies only when moving from one type of device to another having a different operating system.

As you are switching from one Blackberry device to another Blackberry device, you may use the same license.

Regards,
Ioana
Nokia Support
In my original email to them I made absolutely clear that I wanted to transfer from a BB7100i to a BB8100.

~MrKyoo

NCBuckeye 10-23-2006 12:53 PM

I had to get a new 8700C and it transfered maybe a month ago.

KeithJ 10-25-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKyoo
Ooh how the tables turn.

In my original email to them I made absolutely clear that I wanted to transfer from a BB7100i to a BB8100.

~MrKyoo

Haha awesome. Do you plan to continue using VeriChat?

Honestly, the only IM program I use is Yahoo and the RIM released Yahoo does very well, I just wish they'd support file transfer and IM logging and maybe avatars if possible.

MrKyoo 10-25-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithJ
....Do you plan to continue using VeriChat?...

Not likely, I’m looking elsewhere.

~MrKyoo

FroogleThis 10-27-2006 03:04 PM

MyKyoo, I want to lower my credit card's APR...Any chance you could draft a great email like that for me to send? ;)

I went with WebMessenger's trial to see how much I actually use it...Yak-On didn't put too much into their page, two different links to random info...

EDIT: Crap, I missed the part where it said you have to be on BES to use WebMessenger. :(

Peterme 10-27-2006 03:22 PM

Froogle, I'm not on BES and I use WebMessenger all day.

jclif 10-27-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch
Bet the folks at IM+ would offer up a competitive upgrade. Guess VeriChat thinks people use the same device forever...

I used IM+ with my 8125 ppc, my company issued me a Blackberry 7130 and i asked IM+ if i could get a credit, they said yes and all i had to pay was the 10 dollar difference to get if for my BB.