BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   7100 Auto change profile by time of day (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=8576)

alexpalmer 05-17-2005 10:24 PM

7100 Auto change profile by time of day

I;ve looked through the forums, and havn't seen much about this....

Is there a way to have the blackberry automatically switch profiles (Loud, Vibrate, etc) by time fo day, or better yet, looking at the calendar?

Say i'm in a meeting and forget to turn the bb to vibrate, It goes off loud and causes an interupption.

Or what I really want is a night profile that automatically changes from 11pm to 7am, so only level 1's come through.

Any ideas?

StevenT 05-18-2005 09:27 AM

Great idea, unforunately I haven't seen anything that allows this.
Would be a great idea for a supplemental program.

I'm still envious of certain smart phones that offer a program that identifies the specific cell tower currently being used (reads the cell tower identification number in addition to other things). You can then setup the program to trigger certain actions, such as change profiles, depending on which cell tower is currently communicating with the phone. This way, you can set your phone to automatically switch to profile 1 when, for example, you are at work, and switch to profile 2 when you leave work.

alexpalmer 05-18-2005 02:46 PM

mabye i'll look into developing something to do this... even if just by time....

adamg187 05-24-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexpalmer
mabye i'll look into developing something to do this... even if just by time....

Awesome.. i would like that as well..

texasag90 05-24-2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenT
Great idea, unforunately I haven't seen anything that allows this.
Would be a great idea for a supplemental program.

I'm still envious of certain smart phones that offer a program that identifies the specific cell tower currently being used (reads the cell tower identification number in addition to other things). You can then setup the program to trigger certain actions, such as change profiles, depending on which cell tower is currently communicating with the phone. This way, you can set your phone to automatically switch to profile 1 when, for example, you are at work, and switch to profile 2 when you leave work.

This does not work well if you are chained to your desk and live at work... :razz:

texasrose73 05-24-2005 04:40 PM

You mean there are people who actually leave work? I want one of those jobs!!!!!

roccitman 05-25-2005 12:36 PM

another thought is to have timed profiles. This is something that I used quite a bit and relied on with my Nokia phones. You choose timed profile and choose the profile and the time it will go back to normal or choose which profile to go back to.
roccit

kayeles 05-27-2005 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasrose73
You mean there are people who actually leave work? I want one of those jobs!!!!!

ME TOO! :razz: