BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What Happened to Verizon Curve / Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=87936)

Jawsnj 07-27-2007 01:14 PM

What Happened to Verizon Curve / Pearl

I check these threads 5 times a day, and nothing...

Does anyone have any idea when Verizon will get the Pearl or Curve.

I know I know 8800 world phone...great but the keyboard stinks and the cool factor if you never leave the states is nonexistent.

I just checked with my biz rep and they said something is in the works, but had no detail and would not be able to give any updates until minimum two weeks prior to release.

Its enough to make me cry on a Friday, I need a new toy, I mean BB.

nuopus 07-27-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawsnj (Post 615162)

I know I know 8800 world phone...great but the keyboard stinks and the cool factor if you never leave the states is nonexistent.

I just checked with my biz rep and they said something is in the works, but had no detail and would not be able to give any updates until minimum two weeks prior to release.

Wait a little bit longer. As Verizon people ... you should be used to getting stuff late, or getting scrap anyway (hobbled devices). You will get the first generation of the curve when everyone else had the upgraded 2nd generation ones. lol

jbinbi 07-30-2007 12:47 PM

Want to dump my treo, nothing new coming out of them, really like the curve, want something small with full keyboard, pearl doesn't make it.

have verizon, need to stay with them, really hoping somebody has some concrete info on curve making it to vzw.

MichaelBB 07-30-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawsnj (Post 615162)

Rule of thumb for Verizon !

When a new device comes out if Verizon decides to add it to its inventory, it will take 6 months , Now in this time the 6 months include rewriting the firmware and testing it with there techs on the road sitting at dunkin donuts or 7 11's and than there is the padding of the greedy slime bag executives.

Than after its released there is the complaining and moving to a different carrier because Verizon just hacked and f'd the shit out of the OS/firmware to make even more money with there over priced services.

Hope this helps

Walt 07-31-2007 07:43 AM

You pretty much summed it up right there. (y)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelBB (Post 618167)

When a new device comes out if Verizon decides to add it to its inventory, it will take 6 months , Now in this time the 6 months include rewriting the firmware and testing it with there techs on the road sitting at dunkin donuts or 7 11's and than there is the padding of the greedy slime bag executives.

Than after its released there is the complaining and moving to a different carrier because Verizon just hacked and f'd the shit out of the OS/firmware to make even more money with there over priced services.

Hope this helps

nuopus 07-31-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Hope this helps

Holy crap this sums it up very nicely! I liked Verizon service, but I have this thing with dealing with companies that constantly try to screw me over by giving me half of what I pay for and going out of their way to remove choices from me because to them, I am obviously just a worthless customer who does not deserve nor have the capability to choose on my own.

d5coupe 07-31-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Hope this helps

their plans are the same price as ATT...so they both must be overpriced huh???

the only thing you can complain about is the GPS....but that isnt to big of a deal.

Jawsnj 07-31-2007 12:45 PM

Stick to the topic

You must have been wronged in a former life by VZW...

Who cares about your cry baby issues with verizon, we all have made our choices on carriers, get past it and stick to topic.

I want my "disabled" curve NOW...

So if anyone has any info, please let us know.

Thank you, Go Shark Week

JGBerry 07-31-2007 01:02 PM

well, i have a verizon and tmobile. my friend has att. verizon has the best coverage area in the tri-state area of all of the carriers...no ifs ands or buts. and as far as "dropping calls" , well i have never had a dropped call (that was my fault). what i love about Verizon (and CDMA) for that matter, is that you can have a perfectly crystal clear conversation on 1 bar...but with GSM that's not possible. with 1 bar, you'll get distortion and break ups. honestly, when you pay verizon, you're paying for excellent coverage and service. yea, the phones are crippled, and i'm not a fan of it. i don't complain tho, b/c i have the best of both worlds...a tmobile blackberry (tmobile allows EVERYTHING including free tether), and I have a verizon cell phone (work gave it to me).

thebear8me 07-31-2007 02:12 PM

Hopefully there is someone here who has the inside track on verizon releases. I am ready to make a change but will hold out for the 83xx if it is in the near future. I do not want to wait until december. Otherwise I see no choice but to go with the 8830

Doesnt anyone have any news to share?

whoscalling 07-31-2007 03:27 PM

Left VZW for ATT Curve. Loved the curve, but missed VZW coverage (for my area) so am back with VZW waiting. Would love to have a Curve (w/ the camera) on Verizon.

Is there at least a blog posting, or a boygenius rumor, ANYTHING out there speaking to a Curve for VZW. This, albeit is the furthest thing from actual proof, but would at least give me some hope.

Blackberryer 07-31-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoscalling (Post 618894)
Left VZW for ATT Curve. Loved the curve, but missed VZW coverage (for my area) so am back with VZW waiting. Would love to have a Curve (w/ the camera) on Verizon.

Is there at least a blog posting, or a boygenius rumor, ANYTHING out there speaking to a Curve for VZW. This, albeit is the furthest thing from actual proof, but would at least give me some hope.

There was a boygenius item showing specs for a CDMA Curve (8330 model, I believe). Unfortunately, the post had no specific info regarding carrier, release date, or that it was in fact going to be released at all.

whoscalling 07-31-2007 10:19 PM

Ahhhh this one:
BlackBerry Curve World Edition for CDMA networks | The Boy Genius Report

and

How Long Will It Take Verizon To Release The BlackBerry Curve? | RIMarkable | The official, unofficial BlackBerry Weblog

:? :cry: :x

thebear8me 08-01-2007 06:58 AM

would be nice if someone would share the release schedule. if the curve is coming to verizon this fall, there has got to be something concrete about a release schedule. I doubt they just wing it.

jbinbi 08-01-2007 10:27 AM

This thread is about when is the curve coming to vzw, not whining or complaining about their service or that they have crippled the features.

The new world phone is no good for me because it lacks a camera. I know that I can't take it into certain places , so on those sales calls, I just leave my phone in my car for an hour. But I find the camera so incredibly useful in different circumstances.

My treo 650 is 2 years old, treo has not impressed me with their tiny incremental changes that I would want to go from the 650 to the 755p. I think the curve is a great product. If VZW is going to come out with it within 6 months or so I will wait, otherwise, I gotta make plans.

PS. I'm a hockey fan who waits all year for sharkweek. Must be some ultra low frequency vzw broadcasts to make us all like that!

RedSoxFan 08-01-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbinbi (Post 619528)
This thread is about when is the curve coming to vzw, not whining or complaining about their service or that they have crippled the features.

The new world phone is no good for me because it lacks a camera. I know that I can't take it into certain places , so on those sales calls, I just leave my phone in my car for an hour. But I find the camera so incredibly useful in different circumstances.

My treo 650 is 2 years old, treo has not impressed me with their tiny incremental changes that I would want to go from the 650 to the 755p. I think the curve is a great product. If VZW is going to come out with it within 6 months or so I will wait, otherwise, I gotta make plans.

PS. I'm a hockey fan who waits all year for sharkweek. Must be some ultra low frequency vzw broadcasts to make us all like that!

I couldn't agree with you more. I am sick of the *****ing about which carrier cripples their devices and which doesn't. I personally don't want all the GPS, media players etc. I want a device for my business. Verizon in my opinion has the best coverage and I've been a subscriber for 5 years and have never complained.

I too am waiting to see if Verizon comes out with a Curve. I have the 8703e and it looks to me that the closest device to it is the Curve.

thebear8me 08-01-2007 01:32 PM

I have a 700p that is causing me serious frustration. I have been a longtime palm user but enough is enough. I like the features of the curve and feel it would be the ideal device to switch form the treo. I only hope verizon steps it up soon. I do not want to wait until the end of the year. If this is the case i will be forced to make a different choice. Hopefully someone will have some insider info.

ps. Power to the shark hunting hockey addicts!!!! :)

whoscalling 08-13-2007 10:42 PM

Does anyone have any new information on the curve coming to VZW?

revchrisesq 08-15-2007 07:13 AM

My Verizon agent says the VZW Curve will debut late Sept or Oct.

mush10 08-15-2007 07:51 AM

Quote:

My Verizon agent says the VZW Curve will debut late Sept or Oct.
Does he have a track record of reliability?