BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Just wundering: prices BB in the US (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=92)

MTBiker 08-23-2004 07:01 PM

Just wundering: prices BB in the US

Hi,
I've been using BB since 1st of July in Belgium.
I'm just curious to know, how much the monthly fee is in the US and how much GPRS data traffic you get per month.

Kind regards,

MTBiker

mo-bile 08-23-2004 07:05 PM

On Tmobile, if you already have a phone plan, it's $29/month for unlimited data.

If you just want to add an internet plan to a BB with no voice plan, it's $39/month for unlimited data.

Not sure of the other carriers.

What do you pay?

johnh 08-23-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo-bile
On Tmobile, if you already have a phone plan, it's $29/month for unlimited data.

If you just want to add an internet plan to a BB with no voice plan, it's $39/month for unlimited data.

Not sure of the other carriers.

What do you pay?

With a voice plan, TMO was the cheapest I found. . . often by a pretty significant amount.

AMCELL J 08-23-2004 09:28 PM

John, A question....Hows the T-Mobile BB data plan? Had any problems with it? Overall satisfied with the service?

johnh 08-23-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMCELL J
John, A question....Hows the T-Mobile BB data plan? Had any problems with it? Overall satisfied with the service?

No problems at all. I've been incredibly happy with the service and with T-mobile in general. I came from sprint so anything is better but this is better than I had expected. My signal is also much stronger almost everywhere I am.

AMCELL J 08-23-2004 09:48 PM

You dont work for T-Mobile right? hehe just kidding! thanks for your opinion I just wanted to see before activating but from what I heard from a few people the service its good.

Thanks again!

johnh 08-23-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMCELL J
You dont work for T-Mobile right? hehe just kidding! thanks for your opinion I just wanted to see before activating but from what I heard from a few people the service its good.

Thanks again!

No way - no affiliation to TMO at all! I just like their service and I have a nasty hatred towards sprint :D

You always have 14 days to cancel without penalty if you don't like it. . .

LL 08-24-2004 12:35 AM

Well in Canada

TELUS will charge you $50.00 per month for Unlimited Blackberry Data

MTBiker 08-24-2004 08:18 AM

Prices BlackBerry Belgium

Hi,
I pay 35 Euro per month for 10 Mb data GPRS traffic per month.

Kind regards,

MTBiker

Gothalyptic 08-24-2004 01:09 PM

AT&T Wireless: 49.99 Unlimited data, 39.99 4mb Data, $5 USD discount off the data plan when you add a voice plan 19.99 or higher.

T-Mobile: 29.99 Unlimited with voice, 39.99 Unlimited without voice

Nextel: 44.99 Unlimited data no voice, unlimited DC. 99.99 Unlimited Data, 300 min voice, unlimited DC

Sprint: I'm not sure, we haven't gotten the BB plan information from them yet.

Yes I'm an indirect dealer of all the above companies ;)