Thread: search feature
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 08:28 AM   #2
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

the search feature has begun to give me fits. again.

whether i use the quick search from the menu, or select the advanced search, i get the "This page cannot be displayed" response, with the address http://www.blackberryforums.com/search.php. a refresh will reveal the advanced search page again, only to start a really annoying cycle.

i was having this problem some time ago, and honestly i can't remember changing anything to make it work. but one day it did begin working, and did so quite fine through yesterday. now, single word and phrase searches, and user id post searches all return the above errors.

i'm operating ZoneAlarm, and have tried various privacy tweaks, cache cleanings, IE file removal/cookie deletions - all to no avail. no modifications or system procedures/changes made overnight, between the search working and now, when it does not.

i appreciate any guidance, or suggestions (although "dump IE, get [insert alternate browser here]!" posts will be ignored).

to any admins who may read this, was there any site maintenance performed last night that may have affected this?