View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #80
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T

numetheus has turned into a huuuuuge iphone fanboy...not sure how that occurred...but anyways...

I was just given a iphone (1G) and updated the firmware on it. It IS a nice device. Software is very nice and the email client is also great. However, its practically useless because typing is a chore on this thing. It really really should be labeled a Reader if anything.

Some of the apps are great and have filled in a lot of needs that I would want on my Blackberry.(Pageonce anyone? Ebay?)

Also, a major plus for me, is the fact the Google Reader is available in a useable form in the browser(NetNewsWire is also available as a standalone app for those who would be intrested).

I find myself in a odd situation because I do like the iphone a heck of a lot more than I thought I would, but I really cannot give up my blackberry for it. If there was some form of a keyboard on it, I may have gone over to the darkside. Apple definitely has a nice OS and nice hardware though. My blackberry just feels too good in my hands(there, I said it) to give up. One handed operation on an iphone? nope, virtually impossible.
Offline   Reply With Quote