View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #42
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasunst3r View Post
I hear Verizon is quite notorious for crippling their phones and monetizing everything possible. I have the BB Curve 8320 on T-Mobile, and my three days with it only reinforced my notion that T-Mobile is very liberal with their phones and allow you to do whatever it is you want to do. Perhaps you should indeed ditch your carrier, but don't give up on BB.

I had Tmo for 3 days and determined I'd rather have superior network coverage and data speeds and switched to Verizon. By the way, the only thing Verizon locks down on my BB is GPS. If Tmo serves your needs, go for it. In my neck of the woods, Tmo coverage is the worst of the major carriers. Verizon's coverage is lightyears ahead of any other carrier in New England, so that's what made the decision easy for me.

For the OP - I would agree with most here that you didn't give these suggestions a try. I like my 8330 even more than my last BB, an 8830. Yes, the 8830 felt solid as a rock. I attribute that to the weight. The 8330 is smaller and lighter. Trackball works just fine.
Offline   Reply With Quote