View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #298
BigPete74

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

This is a great thread but I am having some issues. I would also like to curse BlackBerry Unite!

Ok, so I installed BlackBerry Unite to give it a try. I uninstalled it and, of course, I am not having the IT policy and Firewall enabled issue.

I have used JL Cmder to wipe my 8330 (Verizon). Once I did that the Unite IT policy no longer shows up Options -> General Security settings. However, typing in BUYR at the status screen still shows IT policy enabled. According to this thread, that's normal and you will never get that to say disabled. Is this correct?

Secondly, I am having issues with the Firewall. The Firewall shows enabled right now. Right after I do the JL Cmder restoretofactory, it shows as disabled. It seems to me that only after I enable my network connections does it become enabled. Is there a service book I can remove? If this is the problem how do I prevent it from being pushed to my BlackBerry?

How do I disable the firewall completely?

And before you guys ask. This is a brand new phone purchased from Verizon. It is not used and has never been used with BES. I am running 4.3 (4.3.0.127) on it.
Offline   Reply With Quote