View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #27
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

They are not going after RIM, look at the numbers and what they have said. They are going after customers that want their product. For the most part those people have been Palm & Motorola users. To think that they need to focus on RIM customer is a waste, they know that RIM customers are more or less happy with what they have and RIM only accounts for about 14-16 million people. They will do much better going after the people that want something new, not the people who are happy with what they have.
They are hardly struggling to find people to buy there products, and their marketing is unbeatable just watch the numbers soar.

RIM is going for mainstream with pearl & kickstand, they will do well but they will not sell as many units through this time next year as Apple will. That is the way I see it, so I did not miss your point, more i dismissed it as wrong (in my opinion). They do not need to change their strategy, the only companies that need to do that are Moto & Palm as their numbers are getting taken by Apple.

I regret the comment about taking a class but I do not see anything I agree with n your argument. Their strategy has to be more about unhappy users than RIM.

Last edited by test54; 07-26-2008 at 09:32 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote