View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #13
rockme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tomobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrmeasap View Post
I have had this problem on many of my bb. I break em often the 7130e and the 8703e.
I have talked with uscellular and RIM finally has fixed the problem. Follow the directions below and I hope it works for your network!!

Turn on your phone and quickly scroll down to " Turn wireless off" or " Turn radio off". This has to be completed quickly before the phone connects to the network that you are using.
Then go into your your BB browser (the globe on the screen for most).
Then all you need to do is DELETE BROWSER CHANNELS. (Expand the section and then delete the channels)
If this does not work you will need to back up your blackberry and then reload the software from RIM website using your usb cable and directions below.

The Following are the instructions for uscellular customers that they emailed me. Very complex and a pain in the ass but it is listed below

How to correct a 523 error, and create a log file to submit to rim.
>
> To get the log file.
>
> - Please go the following link: ftp://dsvisitor:Fusion@ftp2.rim.net/
> - Proceed to the Utilities Link folder, and download the Javaloader Program (you
must Save to Desktop)
> - When installing the program, please change the install directory to > "> C:\ >
">
> - When Javaloader is finished installing, please shut down Desktop Manager (if
Running)
> - Go to Start then> Run > -> Type CMD then hit enter or OK
> - From the Black Windows (Command Prompt Window) please type > "> CD\ > ">
> - Now your computer should be displaying > "> C:\ > ">
> - Please do the following command > "> javaloader -u eventlog > C:\bblog.txt > ">
> - Please do the following command as well > "> Javaloader -u dir >
C:\applist.txt > ">
>
> Once you have it call rim and Email the logs created to [email address] after
speaking with a REP so they can do with it what they do.
>
> Assuming this has been done, you will then download and install the handheld
software (uscc dl page)
<http://www.uscc.com/uscellular/SilverStream/Pages/x_page.html?p=bb_software>
>
> I know this is has been put out there already but here it is again:
>
> Install both desktop manager, and the newly download handheld software
> - Restart your PC, with the battery out the back of the handheld and cable unplugged
> - Start desktop manager
> - Run the application loader software
> - During the connection screen, please plug in your device (keeping the battery out)
> - Choose the USB *XXXXXXX* or USB > "> Unknown> ">
> - Do no choose any additional applications for install
> - Click (Next, then Finish)
> - Handheld will be restarting, and installing the applications
>
Um I just have a simple error code.thats seems way to extreme.. Question if I install the new version of the DM will it erase my old backups? I was doing ti and it said "delelting old backups" so I cancelled right away.But im not sure if it was talking about my phones backups.
Offline   Reply With Quote