View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #23
Manevitch
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I was successful as well on my 8300 running 4.5.0.69

I did have to delete some of mshipek's service books, but all worked well. Here's the procedure I took:

- Ran Desktop Manager and chose Backup and Restore. Chose Advanced, and opened the IPD file supplied. Clicked the Service Books on the left side of the window, and click the right arrows to move it to my BB.

- Still in Desktop Manager, I went to Application Loader, Add/Remove Programs, and clicked the Browse button to find the ALX file for Instant Messenger. Ran through the install process.

- Opened the AIM file now on my BB and signed in.

- Went to Options - Advanced - Host Routing Table. Clicked the menu button and chose to register with the network.

- Went online to my BIS admin page and resent the service books.

- Opened Options - Advanced - Service Book and deleted all mshipek-specific service books. 2 of his email addresses were in there, so you're looking for 2 CICAL and 2 CMIME entries from him.

- Finally, went to Options - Advanced - Default Services and changed them back to the email and calendar I like having as the default.

So far, so good - it's been about an hour; I've had numerous AIM chats; no errors about missing service books or anything else. It's even survived a battery pull and keeps on ticking!
Offline   Reply With Quote