dhollins
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Wirelessly posted

I don't know if I would consider myself lazy, the way I look at it is whatever my BlackBerry can do to make my life easier it will. So maybe a little lazy.

I work in the I.T. Field supporting servers and networks, but more so the networks (Cisco routers/switches), so I know what it's like to have to know/memorize a lot.

Version 1 of Cram is pretty basic (this is their first release) it just gives you the ability to create multiple choice questions (1 to 5 answers a question) with a single correct answer, it has a study guide mode which gives you the question and the ability to see the correct answer under it. So that might substitute for flash cards. (I've never used flash cards so I can't really offer too much on that subject)

I've sent quite a few emails over to simpleleap everything from liscensing questions to giving them feedback on features I would to see (multiple correct answers, explanations, randomizing the answers, etc) they have been very responsive so far. I move around a lot (and really killed the autotext feature) so I mainly just create the tests locally on BlackBerry.

I would try downloading Cram, it has a 13 day trial to mess around with and during that time you could email simpleleap and tell them your thoughts. Since I use the tests for my I.T. Subjects, my needs might differ from yours.

My personal opinion, right now Cram is extremely easy to use and has some great potential when they start adding some new features. (Which they say they are working)

They also have web interface where you can create tests and then download them to your BlackBerry, which has few features that the BlackBerry client does not have (ie answer pools) and the web interface was updated about 2 weeks ago so they are working on there end of things.

I'm a very heavy test taker and rely on little tests like this to keep my mind sharp on certain subjects. So I can't wait for new features, makes my life easier.

Here is a link, for the CrackBerry review of Cram Review: Cram for BlackBerry Smartphones | CrackBerry.com
You seem to be very knowledgeable of cram. Maybe you can help me. I have created a test in notepad and everytime I try and upload it, I get an HTTP Status 500 error.

I thought I followed the instructions precisely.

Can you help?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
Offline   Reply With Quote