Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #60
complexx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

[QUOTE=Dawgfan;1102501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by complexx View Post
By now, most people should know when you walk into a verizon store, it's not to purchase the best phones, it's to purchase use of the best overall coverage in the US.QUOTE]

Is that really a fair way to view consumers? So if I buy a Lexus because of the quality and reliability I should be OK with an auxillary port (that I could use for my iPod) that doesn't work. It's there and it's part of the specs but it's allgood cause the car is such high quality.
I would think by now, someone purchasing a BB, probably has had experience with cellular phones and service prior, and should know a little bit about the providers.

Are you telling me that Lexus sells a car with an AUX port that isn't connected to anything?

GPS works, if you purchase the service. Simple as that. They aren't selling broken phones and requiring you to fix them in order to play with GPS. What I was saying was, if you've done your research before purchasing a service, you'd know Verizon offers the best coverage, but the sacrifice is you don't get the newest technology.

I'm a consumer, I research most of my purchases PRIOR to purchasing the items so I know what to expect from the product. In almost all cases, I know more about the product than the salesmen. I do feel badly for those that buy phones from VZW expecting to have GPS already enabled. It's a shame that Verizon advertises GPS as a feature when it's really a service.

Car manufacturers do the same thing with satellite radio. When you buy your Lexus, they advertise it as having satellite radio.

Last edited by complexx; 09-18-2008 at 09:45 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote