View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Enter "Blackberry" to continue" on Blackberry screen?!

Please Login to Remove!

I got to work this AM and decided to do a sync.

I started up BB Desktop, and it asked for the password to my BB so it could connect (all normal so far), and I entered my password.

However, this time it didn't accept the password, and asked me to try again.

I tried several times, down until I had five tries left, and then started a minor freak-out and stopped.

I shut down DM and went to the BB to unlock it from there - I put in my password and got "incorrect password."

I tried to enter it again, and now instead of getting the normal prompt I get "Enter 'Blackberry' to continue." and any entries I make are no longer masked....I'm confused, 'cause:

1. I'm sure I entered the right password on my PC in DM. I know, everyone always says that, but my PW is quite short and simple, and I ensured that caps lock or numlock weren't on. I've never had any PW problems in the past.

2. I didn't use up the 10 tries I had the BB set to allow...not sure how it went from the fifth try on the PC to no tries on the BB.

Big question: I'm assuming that the prompt I'm seeing on the BB now means that the BB is ready to wipe itself...is that correct?

And if that is correct, am I going to have to re-load the OS, etc?

Thanks.

Last edited by Redflea; 09-22-2008 at 04:02 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote