View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 09:29 PM   #9
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

OK... how about this... If we all grab our packaging that the blackberry came in... that means the box... the very first thing you have to pull out is a plastic ziploc back... If anyone ever takes the time to look at this, as opposed to grab the device and fire it up, it comes with this little thing called a 'Getting Started Guide'.

Now I know everyone has enough time to google bbf, then click and do a search or two or three... create an account, post a stupid question... but why don't we take time to read the friggin quick start guide?

I know the pages in it are little, like not even 1/2 the size of regular letter paper. I know that the first thing yousee when you open it is 'Tips'... and then 'Navigating your handheld' and then Typing and editing' and then 'How do I' and 'Status indicators'.

Like seriously... does anybody ever look at the stuff that comes with their devices... here's a challenge... grab a Blackberry box, pull out the getting started guide and see how long it takes you to find out how to 'Go to the top of a screen'... My guess... 10 seconds.

This is exactly what I mean by people are too f*cking lazy. They could have found the answer in a lot less time, less hassle, no chance of getting flamed. Not only that, but there is a big guides section here, with tips and tricks, does nobody ever think to look through this?

If your boss is paying you to help them with their blackberry, do your friggin job. Learn about the thing, learn what you need to learn to support it. Don't depend on a free webforum to answer all your questions so that you can keep your job. Spend the time to read and learn, who knows, maybe you'll learn something that might even impress your boss.

Come on people! Why does everyone have to be spoonfed like babies?

cd.