View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #50
jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
So you're telling me that you work on CT machines, in that cut throat business where there is no money to be made because of those incredibly tight margins you guys run.... what 2 or 3000%... and that you boss won't splurge a hundred bucks for a digital camera?
Do you work in the medical imaging industry? I never said managers make much sense. I can get other things that cost hundreds. We seem to have the biggest trouble with items that could taken advantage of by being purchased for home use.

Quote:
You're also saying that even though you can send pictures with your treo, you can't tether it to a laptop for an internet connection? You should provide a list of the hospitals you do work at, because if your company is too cheap to spend a few hun on the proper tools you need to fix the machine, I don't think I want to trust that machine.
That is correct. I haven't tried in the last couple months but currently when I tried there was no way to use it as a modem. Do you seriously think you make any sense? What is it you do?

Quote:
Do you think the few thousand customers who are not buying a blackberry because it doesn't have a camera are worth the hundreds of thousands of users that would be force to stop using their blackberry because it doesn't have government certification anymore? I think not.
Hundreds of thousands of users would not stop using blackberries. Make two versions, one with and one without. That simple. You can't stop on a dime and change the entire infrastruction that the government is using. The BB would not be eliminated by them.

Quote:
I am glad you are happy with your treo... how's it holding up... I tell you what... let's both drop our devices, you can pick the height and let's see whos makes out better. My 7290 vs. your treo... bet ya won't... I would drop my BB next to a treo anyday... but hey... we already know what the result will be...

cd.
You are hilarious. Could you exagerate any more?? I didn't think so.

I never did say I was happy with my treo. I've unfortunately dropped my treo many times. It is yet to break, I just dislike the many scratches I've put on the case because of its rough life. I'll gladly drop my treo next to your 7290 any day.

Let me make one thing clear. I'm not a BB hater. I never said my Treo was better. All devices have their downfall. I'm being forced to the BB no matter what. I was just piping in with my opinion that a camera is not a novelty and tool. If the BB is so great, why not add yet another tool?

Thanks