Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #18
oleleho

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Thumbs up Unlock 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6502programmer View Post
Call up AT&T. Use something like FakeNameGenerator to come up with the details. Tell them you bought an AT&T device off of ebay, and want to get it unlocked. Do NOT tell them you're an AT&T customer. Use email as your contact (they'll ask if you want email or phone).

I had my unlock code within two days.
What you suggested work very well with me too. Previously I asked CCG Burning guy (Cory) but his fee is quite costly (US$60) so I tried another vendor ("blowfish") with $35. It turned out to be useless when he didn't get it at the promised time. Being confused and desperate I called AT&T at 1-800-331-0500.

I didn't even fake my identity. I told her that I bought the device from ebay and tried many ebay and non-ebay vendors to provide me with my Da Vinci code. I also told her that I am not their customer. Surprisingly, they are so helpful. While doing research for my code she even asked about the weather and whether or not I got good bargain for my phone, etc.

And right, she asked if I want to be contacted by phone or by email, which I preferred the latter. She told me it will be sent to me in a week. For my surprise it came in 2 days!

Last edited by oleleho; 10-12-2008 at 12:50 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote