DrjonesUSA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibodybuild View Post
I'm deciding between getting the bold or the iphone... can someone please point me in the direction of which I should choose and why.

What is better overall, the bold or iphone?

Thanks in advance.

They are two totally different devices and you cannot really make a fair comparison.

The screen on the iPhone is twice the size of any Blackberry.

iPhone has a virtual keyboard (indeed - whole interface is touch of course) and BB obviously has a physical keyboard. I certainly do miss the physical keyboard on my curve as well as autotext, but I actually type a lot faster than I thought I would on the iPhone.

Internet -- iPhone, hands down. Period. Anyone who has ever seen one knows what the iPhone can do on Internet.

Email - Blackberry wins hands down. With iPhone, the only way to get true push is if you have Exchange, MobileMe, or Yahoo. Also no real IM on iPhone because as soon as the phone goes "idle" it kicks you off of any chat you might be engaged in, and you are unable to receive any messages.

There are some rumors that this might be fixed in the upcoming 2.2 firmware, but who knows........

The iPhone can do things that no Blackberry could ever even dream of doing. You can truly use the iPhone as an eBook reader.

I get tired of looking at lengthy e-mails on a Blackberry, let alone an entire book!

One more thing - 128mb on the BOLD vs. 8 or 16GB on the iPhone.

Enough said.

I had a Curve and an 8700 and do not (yet?) have a bold, but the call quality on my iPhone is amazing, much better than either of my Blackberrys and switching back and forth between calls is a lot smoother, faster, easier and much more seamless than it was on either of my two blackberries. It is a lot easier to quickly touch a large virtual button than to scroll a tiny wheel or ball to exactly the right option.
Offline   Reply With Quote