View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Default Just got the ATT Bold. Here is a comparison to the Iphone 3g.

Please Login to Remove!

I've been using the ATT Blackberry Bold I got at the SF launch party since tuesday and here are a few comments/observations:

1) 3g reception and switching to EDGE etc is about the same as the Iphone. (clearly an ATT issue now.) ATT has disabled the option to turn off 3g on the Bold which sucks. On the Rogers model you can.
2) The UI is very fast. Everything runs perfectly in the background and opens instantly. Multitasking with Jivetalk etc is a much better exp on the BB even when push is released for the iphone. I will chat in JT go out to email, send an sms ,go to BB messenger, back to jivealk all with ease.
3) Battery life is decent but hard to judge since it's new I play with it a lot so its runs down faster.
4) screen is sharper then the Iphone because its the same resolution but smaller pixels
5) Voice quality about the same.
6) External speakers are awesome can use it to listen to music when in hotels etc. Best I have heard on a phone period.
7) Iphone has much cooler apps and is more fun to use.
8) The Bold still uses the Blackberry software that has been around for years where the Iphone is more innovative.
9) cam has a flash which is great when inside dark bar or club etc.

If I had to pick one it would be a very hard choice. The Iphone feels more solid, sexier, more innovative, much better browser, maps. Now that my Bold is breaking in the back is creaky when I type. The Bold smokes the Iphone when it comes to email, messaging, Jivetalk, copy paste, multitasking etc. I now reply to emails and chat with friends online with the Bold because the KB is so awesome. The iphone kb kills me.

My ATT sim is a Blackberry account so I love how I can switch back and forth and I get data on both devices just no visual VM. So I will carry which ever one I am in the mood for as i get my corporate email on both.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to ask any questions. the Bold will be out Nov 4th for ATT.
Offline   Reply With Quote