Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #10
bugsnest
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Yes!!! $199 after a rebate would be a more attractive price for me. Or less The Bold looks like it is geared towards business users just like the 8800. The Bold has a higher price point just like the 8800.

I may just wait until 1/2/09 when my wife's line is eligible for an upgrade this way I won't have to pay the $75 exceptional upgrade fee. That's only two months away. And maybe the price will drop by then.
I am in the same boat as you - my wife and I are eligible for an upgrade on 12/8 and I am hoping the folks at RIM and ATT see the reality of the day and drop the price by another $100
I don't understand folks justifying this purchase at $299 and arguing that its geared at the business community and they would suck this up! The fact is that many businesses (including the one I work in) are curtailing a lot of biz expenses and upgrading their employees phones are definitely not a priority these days.... We have had to really complain to upgrade our phones after 3 years of use and that too for our production support folks who are our critical users :(
Offline   Reply With Quote