Old 11-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
BBDummy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 30184580
Carrier: Verizon
Default Fellow Storm Owners...Help Me Test a Theory

Please Login to Remove!

I was getting remarkably frustrated with screen non-responsiveness on my Storm today. I first thought it was a memory issue, so I removed all the programs I could that I never use (Blackberry Maps and VZNavigator (I use Google Maps), Brick Breaker and Word Mole (no time for games), BBMessenger (I use GTalk and can't keep up with my friends' ever-changing PINs anyway), and Help (which, incidentally, seems to be ported straight over from a traditional Blackberry and is therefore useless)). I thought I had it solved, since everything ran great for several hours.

I just tried to make a phone call, and...nothing. Laggy screen again. Pi**ed off, I was just about to pull the battery when I noticed something strange. As soon as I removed the silicon protective cover from the device to access the battery door, the screen started working again. This has me wondering if the use of an insulative material for a protective cover is messing with the screen, and, if so, how the heck do I protect the rest of the device.

I ask as many of you to try this out as possible and test my theory. Test your screen without a conductive pathway from the device into your body--grip it by the plastic at the top and bottom of the screen, rest it on an insulator (a plastic sheet), or try typing with it resting on a wooden desktop instead of in your hand.

Let me know what you find.
Offline   Reply With Quote