View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #273
SnowAngel
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I am having the worst time trying to get my ringtones back after uploading 4.5.0.77 for 8830. I've been messing around with it for the last day and a half. Here are the steps I've gone through (besides the multiple wipes and reinstalls), maybe someone can see my mistake:

*copyied the qualcomm.cod file into the JL_Cmder folder and renamed to 8830.cod

*Ran JavaLoader, every time I would hit the '6' key for command line usage, a notepad document would come up. Is there a way to type commands into the JL because I'm not quite understanding it. Tried to save 'load<net_rim_bb_medialoader.cod>' into the notepad document and rerunning the JL, but it still didn't work (apparently notepad isn't a programming environment, duh). I'm missing something easy here (at least I think I am).

*Reverted to DM technique.

*Put the 8830.cod (renamed) file into the C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.77_P3.2.0.51\Java folder.

*modified the Blackberry.alx file in the 8830-v4.5.0.77_P3.2.0.51 with the following command: <fileset Sound="Tunes7130c" Java="1.0"><files>net_rim_bb_medialoader_8830.cod</files></fileset> (I've also tried leaving out this step)

*Ran DM Apploader and tried both updating software and the add/remove software option. Response was no "available updates for device."

*Ran the Apploader manually through the file, same response.
*I've tried pulling the battery as well, so that is not the issue. The vedor file is also deleted.

Could this be because I am running DM 4.7? Do I need to downgrade my version? The last idea I have is waiting until next week for my SD card to arrive and loading the ringtones onto that, although it'd be nice to have them before that. I was thinking of uploading the .101 version, but the video errors seem a bit worse than the .77 version, and there's no way I can go back to the 4.2 browser

Thank you to anyone who made it through this post. Its extremely long, I'm just out of ideas.