View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #167
alslsb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: erest
Carrier: Verizon
Default I never thought it would happen to me ...

I thought this was an urban legend! I upgraded my T-Mo 8120 to 4.5.102 (I WAS TIRED OF WAITING!) and guess what? After a few weeks the sim fried! Now the Sim Card was over 2 years old but ... weird, huh?????

A sub note. Before it happened I was on a conference call on a weak GPRS signal. I needed an Excel file that was emailed to me so during the entire 1 hour call, I was walking through the school (waiting for my daughter's basketball game to start), searching for a WIFI signal every minute. The idea was if I caught a WiFi signal and my 8120 went UMA, I could get the file and display documents to go. Yes, over UMA you do have vocie and data like 3G.

Epilog: I'm not sure of that sequence caused it however I spoke to my corporate T-Mobile representative when I was upgrading a line, and her boss upgraded one of their co-workers to 4.5 and it fried their SIM card too.

HMMMM ...

*** Author's Note: Sorry all for the initial post; it contained harsh language ...

Last edited by alslsb; 12-08-2008 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Clarification and removal of fowl language
Offline   Reply With Quote