Old 12-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #6
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
I was told today by our IT systems admin that he would not connect my new Storm to the corporate network because it is not standard company kit and they don't support it.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong here - I was led to believe that the BES software does not care what Blackberry model you are using - all you do is activate the account from the server end, set up the phone with an activation code and off you go ??

Am I being BS-ed here or what ?
You are right the BES don't care what model the BlackBerry is. However you are probably not being BS'ed

Your company most likely does have a standard IT policy and BlackBerry model(s) for standardization, how happy would you be if they activated your BlackBerry and disabled that nice 3.2 MP camera? Besides as stated aboce it isn't a company employee's job to support your own personal device.

If you want company email that bad, setup a BIS account and forward your work email to it.

Follow me on Twitter