View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #36
nocktherock2010

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Smile Omnia vs Storm, my comparison after using both b4 n after their update

Ok....After extensive research and playing with both phones, here is my story.

I had the GSM version of omnia for like 5 weeks and then gave it to my cousin and exchanged for the N95 because i didnt like it. The main point being, I hated WM6.1, l thought it would be better, it is better than the old ones but still not usable without resetting every 2-3 days.

I heard VZ had changed the omnia with a new ROM update so went and purchased it retail. yes they did make a few drastic changes, namely:added a few widgets, accelerometer, browser and touch and scroll in the programs instead of grabbing on the tiny scroll bar. I liked those changes but the problems were there, today screen, which couldnt be customized, and i like having the appointments and tasks on the front screen. no 3.5mm jack and
did i mention sluggish WM?

The Storm on the other hand when it first came out just broke my hopes with all the bugs but i went back and exchanged the omnia after they released the 4.0.75 update. And i love it. The only thing i miss is Wifi, because sometimes im in places where there is no EVDO-rA signal but there is wifi, and FM Radio, cuz sometimes i want to listen to something new and not my music library. But i love the blackberry OS and the email and the keyboard and customization of BB OS with 3rd party apps, not to forget the world capability(omnia is not world) and 3.5mm jack. To me the camera didnt make a huge difference

So it comes down to either using the wifi and radio but bugged sluggish WM or
the storm with more stable OS, better keyboard, and flawless email but no wifi n radio
All other features i found were almost same
What is more important to you?

To me features in storm are more important and i got the unlock code from VZW so ican use my vodafone sim when i go to Europe this christmas and not have an outrageous bill.
But my perfect phone would be omnia hardware with click screen and BB OS
Offline   Reply With Quote