View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #9
smoother

Model: 8900
Carrier: AIS

RCA:

Thank you very much for your reply. I went through the long thread. My apology that I haven't explained my problem clearer. I did not have a problem getting a copy of email sent delivered to myself (for I've been using BB 'Me' filter), nor did I have the problem of getting Deliver notification email sent to my phone. I just wanted to stop (either or both) GMail or BB to stop sending the notification to the sender that I have read his message.

This is because I got a lot of mix emails (personal and work) throughout the day. On a busy day, I would notice just the sender and subject first and normally mark all messages below the date as read just to clear the notification with the intention to get back to my PC to reply work emails later. But by doing this, it will send out Read Receipt to the sender who requested Read Receipt. Sometime it applies to the sender whom you do not want to send Read Receipt to.

As I mentioned above that I tried to mark all Confirm Delivery/Confirm Read/Send Read Receipt as 'No' on all BB accounts, but it would keep sending the Read Receipt to the sender no matter what. I could not find any setting in GMail (IMAP) where I can stop sending Read Receipt either (as opposed to an option to control Read Receipt in Outlook. But since I only use GMail, I don't have this option).

I would really like to be able to control this and any help/suggestion would greatly be appreciated.
Offline   Reply With Quote