View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #54
MobileRC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

I got a couple of comments

1) Ace seems to personify the employees of Good that I have dealt with. Very unfriendly, shady, incompetent. No offense to good_guy as he seems completely different from the several Good employees I have met or dealt with.

2)Treo's are garbage. Either way you look at it, it is a hit or miss situation. The issues are not consistent or uniform so I cannot recreate and find a solution. Palm has no solutions, hard reset then if that doesnt work, replace it. I would say 80% of my clients that have 650's are on their 3rd and 4th device. It is to the point now that I discourage any clients from purchasing treos and if they do purchase it I outline the level of support they can accept. For onsite treo support they will wait at least 2 weeks and I will stay for a max of 3 hrs (unless I am invoicing them) and there is no guarantee that i will fix the issue. So when you speak about Goodlink or BB Connect, the bottom line is you can put a new paint job on a 40 year old piece of shit Ford but no matter how you look at it, its still a piece of shit Ford underneath.

3) I heard the 8700 is actually using a different technology than the patent they infringed on?

4) If they do stop sales of bb's in the states people can buy them in Canada and just roam in the states.. it would be significantly more expensive but would work.