View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #41
turn_key
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330m
PIN: G PAL4 Putter
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

My samsung upstage was the worst for me. The front screen is too small to be used effectively for anything but looking at a single phone number, and forget about text messaging; regular key pad on the front and could never figure out how to enter text from the back.

The mp3 player side worked except the damn touch pad was sensitive and if you didn't touch it in the right spot it would go back to the main menu and cancel everything you were doing. Browsing was near impossible. Text had to be entered in the front screen then flipped to the other side, and accidentally touching the pad cancelled everything

The battery life sucked and was not user replaceable. If I forgot to charge it during the night, I got through about a half hour before it died the next day. Samsung gives a battery pouch that added hours of talk time but it kind of defeated the purpose of having a phone that small, and if the battery was dead the external battery didn't charge the phone anyway.

The only good things I can say about it was the size, a little bigger than the ipod nano, I could always keep it in my pocket. It was a good mp3 player also except the proprietary plug; the adapter added another 2 feet to my ear buds.

A dishonorable mention for my wife's razr as well. She had the same problems as mentioned above.
Offline   Reply With Quote