Old 01-17-2009, 04:20 AM   #3
Insurgent
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreer View Post
Does anyone know if there are any other Blackberry cases for the 8900? The one it came with looks to small,the top of the phone sticks out!

When you use the GPS is it costing or is this a seperate function built into the phone?

the screen seems a little dark,can this be made brighter?
The GPS is a chip in the phone that downloads satellite data, using BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps uses the GPS chip and/or cell data to generate the maps on screen. You may need to check but I'm sure BB Maps doesn't use any data, Google Maps might, being on an unlimited data plan I haven't really needed to check.

Screen settings are in "Options" > "Screen/Keyboard" and you can change the brightness. Turning off auto-dim seems to make an immediate battery life improvemen in my experience.

I have not used the sleeve that comes with it, I have a silicone case. They can be bought from ebay, Crackberry, I'm sure BlackBerryCool.com have some items in their shop aswell. They shouldn't be too expensive, $10 if you live in the US. If not then I would advise getting it from a site that includes free shipping as the worldwide shiopping costs can be more than the price of the case.