View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #88
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I have mostly good things to say about .90. upgraded yesterday from .86 and am overall pleased.

the good:
- MUCH faster camera (even with highest resolution, image stabilization and geotagging enabled)
- faster accelerometer
- portrait mode QWERTY (i always use landscape but tried this new feature for the heck of it and was surprised at how accurate it seemed for being so narrow)

the bad:
- i have only experienced 1 or 2 random reboots with previous betas, and i have run all of them as soon as they have become available), but i just had 2 back-to-back reboots today. phone was sitting on my desk at work, and a white screen caught my eye... i looked over and saw it rebooting... about a minute after it finished booting and returned to the screen, it rebooted again. i sure hope this doesn't continue
- locking and unlocking seems much slower. furthermore, i locked my phone yesterday and when i tried to unlock it, it froze for a minute or so and then displayed a garbled screen which forced me to do a battery pull.

I'll probably stay on .90 unless the random reboots get worse... I've only seen the media card inserted message once so far, so that has been less frequent than i was seeing it with past betas.
Offline   Reply With Quote