Old 02-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #70
Skins72

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default I have 5 days left

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeptmyers View Post
when you turn the storm it's slower than the omnia, and the emails were even slower.
I have to say I'm surprised to see you say this....I too am somewhat disappointed in the STORM...but for different reasons. The STORM seems to lag if it has been sitting but the accelerometer works better side to side against the Omnia when they are both in regular use. The Omnia's has to do all kinds of various twist and fade in and outs on its portrait to landscape mode no matter what setting you have it on it appears (at least the Verizon rep and I could not figure it out).

Back to the faults of the BB.

1) It has bugs...no doubt (I'm sure the Omnia does too)
2) Slow shutter on Camera with image stabilization on
3) No wifi
and
4) The major one no one is talking about is NO flash player available in browser on the horizon.

No one seems to care about this? The Omnia can support Skyfire which plays streaming vid in the browser. Skyfire MAY be working on a BB version (they have job posting for a BB developer..but I have heard that flash on a BB is nearly impossible. That may be in the OS... while flash in the browser may possibly work on top pf the OS...I don't know?)

Now...I can live with the bugs...b/c I'm confident that BB will continue to fix and update. But the 'flashlessness' (player that is) of the Storm bothers me a bit. The wifi is not that huge as the 3G works pretty well if you keep you cache clean and use the FIREFOX browser.

The Omnia on the other hand looks really cheap to me...the build quality of the BB is unmatched in material and look. WinMO apps looks low res and cheap and quite frankly juvenile. But with that said I'm considering the Omnia switch out for two reasons...better internet and better camera. Otherwise I like the BB better as a phone/PDA....just not as a multimedia device.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Skins72; 02-04-2009 at 03:03 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote