Old 02-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
e1000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupty View Post
Loving the Curve. Had three smartphones, N70 was slow but brilliant functionaility, radio was a treat except in Tunnels on the underground LOL. Used txt and Phone, mp3 player, camera which was ok but not brilliant.

M3100 as a direct comparison was better for using the sliding keypad once you got used to it the sliding keypad for texting was very fast although I had two of them rise after excessive use and orange had replace about 5 of these units over the 18 month contract for me. Three occassions the screen went white blank. Totally useless. The phone itself during use was ok but the orangeworld profile gave people lots of problems, i just turned it off was suseptible to knocks because of its size (in pocket) I liked the scrolling touch screen and the direct select and copy and paste feature.

Right obviously it takes time going to a smaller keyboard with my large fingers means its taken a week or so of getting used to but now I'm a proficient berry texter LOL

Love the Screen, it's amazing quality on video is a breath of fresh air now if only the wap/edge could support it during streaming as there is no 3G that i was used to on the M3100 SPV. On comparison it's quite a little complex unit with lots of features and the feel and look is first class. The usb is a pain I hate fiddly connections and would rather have a earphone type jack as it just feels more secure and doesn't leave you wondering has a micro spec of dust caused your battery to drain.

The only fault is the batttery life, had the Phone, charger and battery replaced because of my concerns to Orange about Battery Life and wondering if the harger was faulty.

Previously fully charged and just charged it 24 hours ago used it for the following

38 minutes call time (in and out)
3 hours Wifi Standby,
20 mins Wifi Usage (in house using UMA)
4 hours on/off GPRS web browsing usage Aprrox total time of 1-1.5 HOURS MAX
& Three texts

Dimmer Now of but was on during the last 24 hour
10 Screen Brightness
Not used in Pouch.

Having charged it once before I ran the battery right down until it switch itself off because with these batteries you have to fully discharge otherwise you lose battery life each time you charge for the first say 5 or 6 charges

Overally I like the functionality and althought usability is still me in training mode I think considering the package I got im reasonably happy with it.
what OS version are you on? The newer versions are better on battery life.
Offline   Reply With Quote