View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #58
randyb19
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Did my upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5, went very smoothly. BES re-activation was also easy. Love the browser, standard email is only a little better, so I'll still stick with BBSmart (company hasn't upgraded servers for HTML support). Love the GPS with BBmaps.

Finally have equalizer options for audio playback, but I expected a more robust player for a major OS upgrade. Such as the ability to set the equalizer settings manually. Also, while I browse through my MP3's, it shows the same album cover for all songs until I actually play a specific song. Then I can see the true album cover.

It's already been said in this thread, but this load has bad memory leaks. On 4.2 I averaged 6-7MB of free memory, no matter what. Now here is the strange part. When I first loaded 4.5, I showed 12MB free, so I thought "Cool!". But, after getting things back to normal, I started to show my usual 6-7MB of free memory. After a short time of device usage, the memory will drop to 3-4MB of and after long term use, will go down to 1MB and become sluggish. Not a big deal since a reboot starts the whole process over, but I hope a fix comes out soon.

Finally, DocToGo is awesome. I have really needed this for a long time to be able to carry certain documents with me to access information on the fly. One strange thing did happen thought. I had already performed the OTA update for DTG to get the latest and greatest. I had forgotten to load BBMaps on the initial OS upgrade, so I went back to loader.exe to put it on my device. At the end of loader wizard, it showed that it did not recognize many of the DocsToGo files, looks like most were for other languages than English, and it removed them. This basically took DTG back to the original install and SheetsToGo was missing. So, I had perform the OTA upgrade a second time to get it working again.

Last edited by randyb19; 02-13-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote