Old 02-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #345
efk22
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightattorney View Post
I'm a little embarrassed about this, but as so many others do undoubtedly, I still carry around my beloved Palm TX, which replaced my, well, you understand, I hope. The reason I do is because the RIM calendar installed on my Bold is for the most part useless by comparison.
Boy, I wish the Pimlico guys would write the software to do this. I'm sure it must be complicated, but I'll bet a heck of a lot of people would buy it, including me.
I use the TX for music, too. I use PocketTunes, which is more than adequate. There's another application which would sell like crazy, I think.
Its sort of sad to see such an elegant device as my new Bold handicapped with what I believe is some pretty poorly designed software.
Anyway, DateBk5 and PocketTunes should be adapted. I think I'd pay retail for the new versions, and I believe a lot of people would, now that our Tungstens are orphans.
I hope somebody who can do something about this sees this someday. Sniffle.
Mike
The developer of Datebk is working on a new project, Pimlical. It will initially be a desktop version, but then will be ported to mobile devices. See the end of the quoted text below.

From the Pimlico Software website:

"Pimlical is designed to be a cross-platform application and will initially roll out as a desktop version for Windows. Because it can read and write the DateBk6 tagged note field and has all DateBk features (such as floating events, advances, custom colors, standard icons, etc.) it can also function as the long-awaited "DateBk Desktop for Windows". However, Pimlical is far more powerful than DateBk6 and has many advanced features such as dual timezones, dual alarms, complete drag/drop/stretch functionality in all views, audit trail, advanced find functionality etc. Note that Pimlical is not a version of DateBk for windows, but rather a completely new calendar application, so there are several features that work different in Pimlical.

A significant benefit for existing Palm users who don't use DateBk is that Pimlical supports the advanced features of the built-in calendar application not supported by the V-6.2 Palm Desktop. For example, Pimlical will display location information, handles appointments spanning midnight and shows alarms and repeats on ToDo's.

Although initially released as a Windows version, Mac and Linux versions of the desktop will be rolled out during the course of 2009 as will versions for most handhelds & smartphones (including Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Android, possibly iPhone (if Apple changes some of its policies) etc.)."
Offline   Reply With Quote