Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
jrice8002003
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I have some concerns with the screen on the storm. From what I have played with at the Verizon store (all non-working models) you click the entire screen... Is that correct? If it is I wonder what the reasoning behind it is. The iPhone is a true touch screen where the storm does have a mechanical click. I would be interested in seeing what the expected life of the storms screen is, and also the life of the iPhone screen.

PS - Please don't flame me for appearing to "hate on" the storm. I have a blackberry, not an iPhone, so I'm in your club not theirs.
i'd also be interested in hearing others' opinions on this. while playing around with my friend's storm the other day, i was really annoyed at how slowly i had to click the screen when texting from letter-to-letter. i'm a pretty fast texter, and i had to consciously slow down in order for each letter i pressed to register. it's as if there was a lag time between when the screen could register one click before allowing me to click the next letter. i've never been big on touch screens, but this feature alone is a dealbreaker for me and the storm. i haven't texted on an iphone, so i'm not sure how this compares.
Offline   Reply With Quote