View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #14
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanAV View Post
I'm using a 7520 on boost network. Internet works fine as long as you download opera mini , BB browser does not work, also BB e-mail client does not work on boost network but I have read post of users that were able to circumvent this issue with 3rd party e-mail client. Note 7520 does not support local text messaging it requires BB data plan to be able to send and receive MMS and texts, therefore boostberries 7520 are unable to send and receive text and MMS. I have been looking for a free or cheap work arround for this issue (yes, I found a solution but it cost 10c per message). I do not know about 8350i I'm actually looking for a member of this forum that have converted an 8350i to boost and know if text message works. I'm a new user to this forum but I have been moding phones, PCs and game consoles for over 10 years as a hobby.
----------------------------------------------------
Also, BB pin message does not work for the same reason lack of BB data support.
Mobile-originated SMS was not supported on the 7520, 7510, 6510, or 7100i (or any of the older iDEN handsets) at all. It was a device limitation, not a matter of having a BlackBerry plan or not.