View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
$tockmarket
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

I carry my BB on my hip...always. Until Vaja gets a belt clip worthy of their price tag and otherwise good quality craftsmanship I refuse to buy their products. They obviously put a lot of time and effort into their cases. They're flippin gorgeous for Pete's sake! But then they to and tack on a (literally) ten cent plastic belt clip that digs into your gut with the press-down release button.

Or even worse, if you pay more for the metal "ultimate" belt clip (or whatever they call it) it doesn't lock! Your phone dangles back and forth on your hip.

I have yet to find the perfect case and I've tried at least a dozen.

Orbino has the best belt clip and design but they suck too because they only manufacture iPhone and iPod cases and have been promising a BlackBerry case line for two years.

Tuff-As-Nuts has the second best belt clip but their design (say it with me) sucks. It's just a big bulky pouch. Well made though, for sure.

My BB and me are like John Wayne and a six shooter. Someone calls and...WIPPAA...I draw straight from the holster in half a second. Receive an email...WIPPAA. Text...WIPPAA! You get the picture. So I need an open face case not a pouch.

I'm waiting for the 9630 and I'm going to try the Otterbox case (when available). Not elegant by any stretch of the imagination but it offers protection that can't be beat and I can WIPPA to my heart's content.

If anyone can recommend an open face case with a great belt clip, I'm all ears.