Old 04-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
jbum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbum View Post
I've asked Microhill to add a few symbols but not everything was added. I quit asking them.

I like the simplicity of MicroHill's app. It's very light (no unnecessary graphics or decoration) and it's just great for having a watchlist.

I love the fact that it shows both change and % change. Most apps only show one or the other at a time.

Stock Quote Viewer (Microhill)

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Lot of info on same screen
- Shows price change/% change together
- shows stock chart

Cons:
- delayed, sometimes an hour or so
- symbols are missing sometimes
- no portfolio tracking
- stock chart is an image/blurry, sometimes charts cannot be downloaded (Fn blocked error)

It's really interesting how Market Filters and Microhill's app look similar, at least the first screen. I thought they were from the same people at first.

I would love to see Market Filters add the "price change" value as well as the time of the quote on that first main screen. Then I would ditch Microhill's Stock Viewer.

Does anyone have any experience with the latest version of MFA?
I actually tried MFA and it's not a bad app. I still wish it had the price change (not only percentage) as well as the time of the quote.

But generally, the quotes were more recent than the microhill app. The chart could have more time ranges. It only seems to have it for the last several days.

If MFA can put in the price change and time stamp, I'm all good.
Offline   Reply With Quote