View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #186
PGChi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile
Default The Unofficial 7100i Review Thread...

I recently upgraded my BB from Nextel's 7520 to 7100i and was initially thrilled by the size, brilliance of color etc but now I am frustrated.

Lookup. A very serious issue here. Consider a group email list available on exchange called zzctc.PaginationSupport If you try to lookup this mail list (since group lists cannot be stored on blackberry contact list), even though I enter zzctc.pagi (pay attention to the "." after ctc) yet the blackberry attempts to look for "zzctc pagi". Geez!!! why is it removing the period and naturally it does not find any address like that on the exchange. This sucks!!!! Not only this if you look for say pagination, it picks up weird email address of someone who does not even have a name like pagination. There is something very seriously wrong here. I will have to test this functionality on a 7105. This is literally a show stopper, wonder how RIM never caught this.

The contact lookup is horrible. I was looking up an airlines number which existed in my contacts and previously on 7520 (assuming it's South West Airlines) whether I type "South", "West" or "Air" either way I would be able to lookup the address not anymore. This is irritating. I had a colleague called Augustus and to lookup his name I had to press A and then use the mouse to scroll down because the contacts list was not looking it. First I entered a then au and the name was lost (some other were displayed) and lastly when I entered aug it stated *No Addresses* This just sounds impossible to believe. So I called Nextel and they asked me to reinstall OS.

Nothing corresponding to ALT-CAP-H for help and ALT-LGLG at least not that I know of.

ALT-CAP-DEL was used for soft resetting the Blackberry. Can't believe they replaced it with profile modification. If I press ALT-CAP-DEL it changes the profile to Vibrate. Who would ever think of this?

Under messages the old 7520 blackberry supported the letter "q". If you enter q on a name it would tell you the email address, not any more.