Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 AM   #51
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
I'm not around as much as I used to be, but lately I've seen some long time members (and some recent additions) not being so nice to the new folks.

I'm all for encouraging people to search for their answers first (and they should), but there have been quite a few answers lately with replys that are just 'have you tried searching'? Back when I was a mod (in the 'olden' days) I tried to instead give people the search terms that would help them find their answer and/or provide the search terms and a link to one of the threads.

Then again, maybe I'm getting soft in my old age.
I think it is six of one, half dozen of the other.

When I started on BBF, there were less users here and those present seemed more knowledgeable and/or willing to do some research first.

One of the downsides of BBs hitting the mass market is that we have had an influx of new users, SOME of whom really make no effort whatsoever. The do not search, they do no background reading, and their posts are badly written with very little effort. In those cases, a lot of peeps who spend hours and hours answering posts do get a little frustrated with them, but I can understand that