View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 11:41 PM   #10
johnnyrichter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options
Carrier: Verizon

Now say you get the plan the OP is talking about, plus the additional $15/month for tethering...does the 5gig cap still exist or is it raised/removed once you add on the tethering option?

Reason I ask is because I'm currently an Alltel user, been tethering my 8130 for over a year now. I'll be honest, I play multiplayer FPS constantly, and sometimes I'll stream a show or buy a song off of amazon. There have been a few times where I've likely used 5gb in a month or less, but for the most part I don't think I come close to that amount. The fact remains that for me it's more than "highly unlikely", and I don't want to be the next guy on the news with a 10k dollar phone bill. Personally, I don't want to be under Verizon at all...I left them for Alltel about 4-5 years ago. Obviously that plan backfired.

Tethering is the only option I have for internet where I live...no cable, no dsl, no satellite and no wireless(and no talk of upgrading or extending service areas from any of the companies that offer the above). These days I no longer consider 56k internet, I prefer to just pretend it doesn't exist anymore.
Offline   Reply With Quote